Thursday, February 25, 2010

Long way from Haiti

IMG_2648 I wanted to share a few pictures of my stay in Philadelphia.  I traveled here Wednesday from Tampa for meetings with the Foreign Missions Committee and Committee on Diaconal Ministries.  I knew the snow was coming, but not that the storm would be this bad.  This is number 3 for the Philly area this month.  There was snow on the ground but rain had cleared off the roads and some grassy areas.

IMG_2653 This morning the snow began, big, snowy flakes.  It really is beautiful.  And though I cannot travel home just now I have enjoyed spending time with our good friends the Currie’s.

Our meeting with the CDM had to be delayed as news of the storms development got worse.  I was able to rebook my flight for a return on Friday.  Today I was able to spend the day at the campus of Westminster Theological Seminary.  It is a beautiful place to be when the snow is falling.  I graduated from WTS in 2001 and we last visited during our Haiti interview in 2006.  It was encouraging to meet many familiar folks and to know they have been praying for us.

As you think of us in these here are a few things you can be praying for:

  • Ben’s trip back to Tampa would happen Friday despite the weather.
  • wisdom for the Committee on Diaconal Ministries as they determine how best to use funds in the Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund.
  • longer term planning for Ben’s trips back and forth to Haiti.
  • the children who are missing Papa and finding the separations a challenge.
  • continued stability in Haiti as relief work continues.
  • spiritual growth for those who have come to faith in Jesus Christ since the earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment