This Monday morning I said goodbye to Lagonav – at least a while. Goodbyes are never easy but it is encouraging to know it is only for a while, Lord willing. I am thankful that I serve a God who listens to and answers the prayers of his children. I will be praying for these precious saints scattered among the churches of Lagonav.
The first service on Sunday morning was at Nan Kafe. About 35 gathered for worship. It is always a delight to see the older folks worshipping together with the large group of children. The singing is accompanied by Brother Emil who plays his accordion. And he plays it very well. An encouraging part of the morning was the introduction of Ora, the main in the picture at left. He is a long time member of the community who had never come to church. The story goes that he was converted in the last week and this was his first Sunday at worship. It is wonderful to see that the witness of the church and the preaching of gospel is bearing fruit in these ways. Pray for Ora as he begins his journey of learning about and serving Jesus.
Leaving Lagonav for an extended period also means it was time to close up the guest house. I was reflecting on how far it has come in the four years our family has been in Haiti. It was only a hollow shell when we arrived in 2007, and now it is a fully functional house. I decided to take pictures of the trees I have planted to see how much they will grow over the 9 months we are gone. The rainy season is just beginning so Lord willing these almond trees will be taller than I am when we return.
I will miss Lagonav as there is lots of beauty to see both in the people and the landscape. I was able to spend my last night our Wesleyan missionary friends the Geiszlers. They showed great hospitality and help us to serve in several ways. I store my Kawasaki Mule at their compound and know it is secure. Often I hitch a ride when they are moving people or supplies on their boat. I even get to drive it on occasion. Thanks be to God for the blessing of Christian fellowship and the support we can give each other. Goodbye Lagonav, we will be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment