This past week I taught in both locations. With the General Secretaries for our Foreign Missions program visiting Haiti, we spent an afternoon with the folks in Port-au-Prince being instructed on the Westminster Confession of Faith. Instead of the regular teaching I do along with Pastor Octavius Delfils, we decided on a question and answer period on the topics we have covered over the last 4 months. There were lots of great questions and I think we gave some helpful answers to the queries.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Teaching in Twos
My ministry here in Haiti is always taking place in various locations. It definitely feels like I am always on the move. It might be talking with neighbors in or near Kaliko. It is conversing with folks in stores where I shop for groceries in Port-au-Prince. It might be striking up conversations with people as I wait for a team at the airport or on the boat traveling to Lagonav. Even the teaching that I do happens in two locations - at the church plant in Port-au-Prince and on the island of Lagonav.
This past week I taught in both locations. With the General Secretaries for our Foreign Missions program visiting Haiti, we spent an afternoon with the folks in Port-au-Prince being instructed on the Westminster Confession of Faith. Instead of the regular teaching I do along with Pastor Octavius Delfils, we decided on a question and answer period on the topics we have covered over the last 4 months. There were lots of great questions and I think we gave some helpful answers to the queries.
Later last week we made the boat trip to Lagonav to spend four days on the island teaching leaders from the churches. The men gathered form churches as far away as 2-3 hours by motorcycle. They often came riding in twos to be instructed on the book of Proverbs. The food was good, the fellowship sweet and even through Pastor Douglas and I got sick we are glad we went. It is all part of the Great Commission of our Lord, "teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:20 ESV) Our prayer is that God would use our efforts to build his church in Haiti.
This past week I taught in both locations. With the General Secretaries for our Foreign Missions program visiting Haiti, we spent an afternoon with the folks in Port-au-Prince being instructed on the Westminster Confession of Faith. Instead of the regular teaching I do along with Pastor Octavius Delfils, we decided on a question and answer period on the topics we have covered over the last 4 months. There were lots of great questions and I think we gave some helpful answers to the queries.
No comments:
Post a Comment