Today as usual was another day of home schooling for the kids. We thought we would share some pictures and thoughts on our ongoing school here in Kaliko. Each day Ethan and Emma do some independent work. They also do reading and some instruction together, particularly in science or unit studies. Elijah joins in where he can. Today he worked with Papa on recognizing letters and numbers.
Ethan - My favorite subject is science. My second favorite subject is reading. I read a chapter of a book called A Mountain Lion Ate the Corn Chips. The third chapter was called Snake Attack! In science today we took two plants and we uprooted one. We cut off its roots with scissors. Then we planted back in the ground. I also did my math work and a reading program called Explode The Code.
Emma - I know that doubles help me figure out other clues so that it is easier to add together. That is something I learned math today. I finished my reading yesterday with the story Camper Kim, The Pet and Who Is Making That Noise! We took out one of our plants and cut off the roots and we are going to see if it grows back.
Elijah - Today I learned about plants and that they can grow and people can learn about them. What we did in home school was giving answers to Mama and Papa from the catechism questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment