I am thankful to report some answered prayers over the last 24 hours. We continue to realize as a family that God's appointed means of prayer is very important. Thanks again for praying for our family and the work of the OPC here in Haiti.
- We have the generator back! After some discussions with the judge, some pressure applied both ways we got it. We had to wait for the guy with the keys to the depot. I brought the generator home on the ferry this morning. I have to admit I never thought we would get it back. God is amazing.
- Emma Grace is feeling much better today. Both her and I got some kind of stomach bug when we were on the Central Plateau. Mine was over in about 24 hours but Emma suffered through it like a real trooper. We are thankful this kind of illness does not strike often.
- The meeting at the guest house with the Lagonav Diaconal Committee went well. I am always grateful when they are happy with the answers I give and I don't have to remind them, "we have talked about this before." Please pray for these men as they are the conduit for providing for the needy in the Lagonav churches. They are not used to the accountability but are learning how things need to work in our sinful world.
- In the end I didn't fire the teacher from one of the schools. But I realize I have much to learn about Haitian culture. We finally got a reasonable explanation on the situation and will follow it closely. Thanks for continuing to pray for wisdom as I navigate the waters of ministry in Haiti.
On another note of interest we thought you would want to read this recent article from the Miami Herald on Vodou (Voodoo). It is very sad to read the misinformation on this religion of bondage and the inroads it is making in the Haitian community in the US. Check the link here.
Please continue to pray for our safety on the road here in Haiti. We hard yesterday reports of a big accident near Cabaret involving two buses and a small truck. Reports are that at least 30 people died, two from Lagonav though not from our churches.
No comments:
Post a Comment