One of the things I most love to do as a missionary evangelist here in Haiti is to teach. I get the opportunity from time to time to travel to Lagonav and instruct the 20 or leaders from our churches here. It is even better when I have a fellow pastor or elder with me to aid in the teaching. Stephen Oharek from the OPC church in Oveido, FL has been with me the past few days as we taught on the book of Exodus and the law.
Through our day and a half seminar I took the men through the content of Exodus while Stephen taught more thematically on the law. We always enjoy the questions. The men are very perceptive and while not all the questions deal directly with the material at hand they are good questions. Lord willing our answers are helpful too.
Max Augustin, one of our regular interpreters, helped us out. The useful thing about working through an interpreter is you have more time to think about what you are saying. It allows you to be more careful and thoughtful. I think we can all learn to slow down a little when we speak. Max does a great job and we often have fruitful discussions with him. This time our topic of discussion over lunch was capital punishment.
Please pray for these men. The are the elders in training who are leading the seven churches of Lagonav. Pray that they would be able to take back what they learn to the churches so that the saints there might grow. We are thankful for the opportunity to be a part of the spiritual formation of these men. If you are a minister or elder who would consider coming and helping teach the men in Haiti, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment