Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where is my refuge?

"Other refuge have I none; hangs my helpless soul on Thee: Leave, ah, leave me not alone, still support and comfort me!
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing."

This verse from Charles Wesley's hymn Jesus, Lover of my soul, is a striking statement of trust in God. In looking forward to our move to Haiti, I have been reminded again of my helplessness, but also the fulness of God's help. My trust is in the maker of heaven and earth because only he can help me learn a new language, preach the gospel in a foreign culture and work in the hearts of men who I desire to see grow and mature. Only God can build a national Haitian church that will submit to his Word, glorify Him in all of life and be the testimony of God's grace that Haiti needs. Pray for us, but also with us for the church in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment