Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quick trip to Atlanta

IMG_0697 Both Heather and the kids are happy I am home.  I spent the last weekend in Atlanta, GA at a meeting of my presbytery (regional church of which I am a member) and visiting two Orthodox Presbyterian churches in the area.  It was a great trip, though I spent a little more time waiting for delayed flights than I would have liked.  Of course, if you know me well, you know I don’t mind being anywhere that you can watch airplanes coming and going.

IMG_0699It was a great encouragement to fellowship with my fellow minister and elders at our meetings Friday and Saturday.  I had the privilege of addressing both the Presbytery of the Southeast and Presbytery of the South and update them on the work in Haiti.  The food is always great, fellowship an encouragement and I enjoy meeting new folks as well.

Sunday I was able to preach as well as present the work in Haiti at Redeemer OPC and Geneva OPC.  We often write to ask people to pray.  It was a blessed opportunity to meet some of the folks who pray for our family.

IMG_0701 Monday morning I arrived at the airport to find out our flight was delayed because of a mechanical problem.  Thankfully unlike many of the newly married couples on our flight making their way south for honeymoons, Port-au-Prince has more than one flight per day.  I ended up on the afternoon flight.  On the descent into Haiti I had a perfect view of our house out the left side window.  Our house is just to the right of the white ravine and Estrella road construction compound.  We landed on time, quickly got through immigration and customs and all arrived home safely in time for supper.  Visiting is good, home is even better!

IMG_0708 One more note from this morning.  We woke up to to find this little guy inside one of our water bottles.  We can’t quite figure out how he got in there but he really is inside the bottle.  It had the spout on it the whole time and there is water in the bottle in this shot.  After a quick extraction and little swim he was safely released into the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment