Friday, November 13, 2009

Three Little Pigs and a Fish Tale

No, the three little pigs were not being chased by the big bad wolf.  We don't have any wolves in Haiti!  But, they did come to pay us a visit yesterday.  We had a wonderful rainstorm and there was a huge mud puddle in front of our neighbor's  3 pigs pigs in the mud puddle

gate. These three (not so) little pigs appeared and were delighted to wallow in the fresh mud.  Oinking and snorting, these happy little fellows rolled in the mud for 1/2 an hour or so and then were on their way.  These pigs are the latest addition to the menagerie of animals that wander loose in our "zon": chickens, goats, cows, horses, dogs, cats and birds.

As for the fish tale...well, the fish really was this B-I-G...my arms are completely outstretched! We saw this fish, a 6-foot Wahoo, wahoo picwhile eating at our favorite restaurant, Wahoo Bay, with Chad and Megan Roach.  A fisherman brought the fish up to the kitchen to see if the chef wanted to buy it. He was asking 300 Haitian Dollars (approx $38US). The chef agreed and the man gutted the fish for all of us to see.  I'm glad I was already done my meal! I'm also thankful for all my fishing days with my dad in Nova Scotia...fish guts all look the same. Except in this case, there were just more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment