I am at the Tampa airport on my way back to Haiti for a short trip. During my time at the OPC Diaconal Summit in Chicago late last week I had a thought about how to use the next blog entry. As we talk with people at churches or in other venues the questions are often the same. I don’t get tired of answering questions and asking people to pray. But in case you are embarrassed to ask here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
When is the baby due? Heather is officially due on July 31st though I think she hopes the baby comes a little early. We are busy getting ready for the arrival of little Hopp number 4.
When will the family return to Haiti? Obviously we need to wait until after the baby is born! Then it is a matter of getting the paperwork in order – birth certificate, passport and vaccinations. We hope to return in early October if everything goes as planned.
How much more does Ben have to travel? I have a really busy month of June with two trips to Haiti. Then I go to the OPC General Assembly for a few days in July. After that I get to take some time off and will be back in Haiti late August. I will continue the back and forth until the family returns in October, Lord willing.
How is the recovery going in Haiti? It is really slow. Considering it is 5 months since the quake, not much is being done. It is not a surprise when you are talking about corrupt governments and donors who work slowly. Food is available, kids are going to school and people are clearing their own places. It will be a very long recovery.
Are there spots available for upcoming teams? The teams are filled up through the end of June. I plan to return to Haiti near the end of August. We will continue to host construction teams who will help with the effort mainly in Port-au-Prince. If you are interested make sure David Haney in the head office has your name. The teams will be filled out from that list as people are available.
Can you visit our church? Our schedule is just too busy to visit churches right now. But we do have a furlough planned for the end of May 2011. I am beginning to plan the schedule of visits for the 11 months we will be home.
What is your biggest prayer request right now? Our biggest need right now is for more workers on the field in Haiti. We are praying that God would raise up both a missionary evangelist and an missionary deacon. And along with the workers we ask you to continue to support Worldwide Outreach so that the work can continue to be well funded.
If you have suggestions for additions to this FAQ posting just leave it in the comments and I will try to add it. Thanks again for praying for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment