Monday, January 3, 2011

POS Team: Couldn’t W.I.S.H. For More

IMG_6986 The team finished the VBS portion of the trip today with a final day in Nan Kafe.  It has been a real blessing to see the team at work.  They did a great job learning some of the kids names – it is hard work as the names can be a challenge.  While the program is done we continue to pray that God would do His work in their hearts.

IMG_6994 We could not do our VBS programs on Lagonav without the help of the Wesleyan Mission and W.I.S.H. folks.  W.I.S.H. stands for West Indies Self Help and the missionaries working with them are Wesleyans.  They help us in many big and small ways.  The Kawasaki Mule makes its home there when I am away from Lagonav.  They are the ones that run the boat the team takes to and from the island.  They also provide us with ice to keep our food cool.  No cold drinks without W.I.S.H.

Today they helped us in another way.  Heather was heating up water for coffee and preparing breakfast this morning when our propane ran out.  Without heat we were not going to be cooking.  Butch and Rod worked overtime to find a way to connect their newer tanks to our old connection.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment