Look at the pictures and guess where I am. Did I fly to another country this weekend? Can you get there by boat? Is it somewhere near or far? As you look through the pictures and try to figure where I was I can tell I did take the pictures myself. See the answer to the question below.
Yes, those are flamingoes in the last picture. And believe it or not that is on the island of Lagonav. I was preaching at the Gran Lagon church. After the service was finished, I decided to travel up the island to an area I had never seen before. There were rumors of flamingoes and a town with palm lined streets. And the rumors were true!
We saw the small flock of flamingoes about 50 minutes north of Gran Lagon. They were very pretty against the backdrop of the palm trees lining the shore. The road was rough in spots but in other places was just packed sand. The day was not too hot and the wind was blowing from the north which made for a great ride.
At the 1 1/2 hour mark we entered the town of La Sous. This town is well known for its coconut palms. They are everywhere. We asked someone if they were planted or had just grown up there. He said, “Bondye te plante yo.” God planted them. We were even able to enjoy some fresh coconut. We paid the guy, he scampered up the tree and cut them open with a machete. The best any of us have ever had. The sights and tastes made the trip well worth while.
1 comment:
Ben:
This is exactly one of the things we will be talking about tonight when we talk about our trip. Every man on the trip noticed that there seemed to be two sides to Haiti. The poor bleak side that needs the hope of the Gospel opposed to the beauty of God's creation that points out the creator and calls his people
Post a Comment