Wednesday, March 10, 2010

T-3: Doctors and Dentists

Just a couple pictures from my day today.  I spent the morning finishing an article for the upcoming issue of New Horizons.  The house needs some TLC too so I also did some sweeping.  It is amazing how much dust accumulates over a couple months.

IMG_2839

I did take some time in the afternoon to visit the PCA compound at Messailler.  I met the team of doctors and nurses there on Monday and spent a bit of time getting to know them over supper.  My ear started hurting again yesterday so I thought I would take the chance to have them check it out.  Once again, “Swimmer’s ear” was the diagnosis.  Funny to have it considering I have not been in a swimming pool in over two months!  Drops should take care of that.  The doctors were busy doing some surgery also, thankfully not on me.  The picture shows the operating theatre.

Dentist in cabaret

There was also a dentist in town.  It has been too long since I had my teeth cleaned and checked.  I spent a few hours waiting with the other patients.  It was a good opportunity to learn some more Creole and talk.  It was very interesting chatting with some young people about marriage, divorce, relationships, church.  They really want to learn and do what is right.  It was very encouraging.  And I came home with clean teeth too.

No comments:

Post a Comment