While the team was making their way up to the church at Doglas for the first day of Bible School, I started my own adventure in Kaliko. To make my way to Lagonav I took the two missing bags on a tap-tap down to the wharf. I walk the 1.5 miles but not with 75 pounds of luggage! Our hired help Wilson helped me secure the tap-tap along National Route 1 and we arrived at the dock by 7:00AM.
Then I played the waiting game for the flyboat that was going back to Lagonav. The boats all overnight on Lagonav and come over very early. But it is usually midmorning before the first flyboat goes back. We eventually left at 9:45AM, me, the luggage plus 22 passengers on the fiberglass hull boat with 3 outboard motors. It was a beautifully calm day, great for taking pictures like the one above. The sailboat is a cargo boat taking a load of salt to Port-au-Prince.
Here was an interesting sight I saw while waiting for the flyboat. In the water at the wharf in Carries were about 20 medium sized jellyfish. We don't often see them near the shore. These were alive and moving gracefully through the water. Schools of little fish were close but skillfully avoiding the short tentacles of the jellyfish.
Meanwhile the team was at the church in Doglas. The day went well, but more on the Vacation Bible School program tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment